[pmwiki-users] ENABLE CLEAN URLs

JOE MWANGI joemwangii at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 05:41:44 CDT 2007

Hallo!I have developed a  wiki website using the pmwiki package.Unfortunately,I  have run into 2 problems.

  The first one is that I would like to shorten my URLs to access webpages.Currently,the following URL is used to access the homepage.

  http://kenya-oss.net/pmwiki5/pmwiki.php?=?n=Main.HomePage

  I would like to shorten it  such that  the URL that will be used to access the homepage is as below

  http://kenya-oss.net/

  I have looked at the tutorial “Clean URLs” at the pmwiki site and have tried to implement the following as shown below.

  I have created a .htaccess file that is in the kenya-oss.net  directory.The file contents are as below

  # Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
  RewriteEngine On
  # The rewrite base will be the document root.
  RewriteBase /
  # Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
  RewriteRule ^$           ~pmwiki5/pmwiki.php  [L]
  # Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
  RewriteRule ^index\.php$ ~pmwiki5/pmwiki.php  [L]
  # Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
  RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ ~pmwiki5/pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

  The matching local/config.php file is as below

  ## Use "Clean URLs".
  $EnablePathInfo = 1;
  $ScriptUrl = "http://kenya-oss.net";

  This configurations does not work.How can I correct this issue?

  My second problem is that I would like to find a way for a new user to register himself  in the wiki.His/her registration will be automatically be stored in a database and by registering,the user is able to log in to the wiki and have edit rights.The administrator and the user should be able to view the user’s registration details and the administrator should have the ability to delete a user record.

  Please reply to my e-mail as soon as possible with any assistance of my problems above.Thanks in advance.