[pmwiki-users] How can I include page content in e-mail notification

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 6 12:53:05 CDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 01:39:48PM -0400, Honglan Jin wrote:
>    Hi all,
>
>    Is there a way to include a page content in e-mail notification?
>    We set up e-mail notification when some pages are created/changed
>    with the page links.
>    Since wiki is under intranet setting, when we get e-mails, we can't just
>    click
>    the link to reach to the pages if we check out e-mail outside intranet.
>    So we want to include the full page content in e-mail notification.
>    How can I do this?

I have a few questions about this (that illustrate why it's
a difficult problem):

1.  Are you wanting a full copy of the page for every change that
    is made?  For example, suppose someone makes a change to a page,
    and then does a couple of minor typographical edits.  Would
    this mean there are three complete copies of the page in the
    email that is sent?

2.  Do you want the pages' contents to be (a) sent as HTML or
    (b) converted to text first?  If the contents are to be
    sent as HTML, does the entire email need to then become
    a properly-formatted HTML document?  If the contents are
    sent as text, how accurately does it need to represent
    the updated page?