[pmwiki-users] Banner Rotation

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Tue Sep 11 19:07:40 CDT 2007

Brian Kramer wrote:
> Anyone have a good way of incorporating banner ads into pmwiki?
> Preferably a certain ad or ads on certain pages.

I wrote a random rotation recipe a long time ago.  PmWiki can
now produce randomized lists back from a pagelist markup, and
if you limit it down to just returning one and use an
include template, then you can use that to include random
content.

With that said, I still use the recipe I wrote a long
time ago:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RandomPage
(on that page you'll see Pm's remark of how to use
pagelist to do something somewhat similar)

You can see it in action here:
http://www.ntlug.org/Main/HomePage?skin=ntlug-ads

Use setskin=ntlug-ads if you want it to persist.