[pmwiki-users] problem with default CSS in a new skin

blues blues4u at supereva.it
Thu Sep 13 09:33:44 CDT 2007

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:18:48 +0300, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 04:35:36PM +0300, blues wrote:
>> in the default CSS for the history page in the class
>> ".difftype" there is defined "clear:both" which breaks
>> a skin that i am trying to design.
>>
>> apart from the fact i can't understand why the
>> "clear:both" is there by default,
>
> The "clear:both" is there so that the next revision
> (if any) will begin any floating elements that may exist
> in the previous revision.
>
> ...er, the next revision (if any) will begin *after* any
> floating elements that may exist in the previous revision.
>
> To see why the clear:both is wanted, take a look at
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FloatDiff .

mmm... that makes sense. i gave a look at the test page
and now it is clear(:both) :).
but it also breaks my design, because the next revision
goes down until the end of the SideBar which is in a
floating div.
i wonder if there is a way to couple the two things...
i will have to study it a little more.

>> i thought that putting
>> a new definition for the class ".difftype" in the
>> php file of the skin (eg. myskin.php) would override it:
>>
>> $HTMLStylesFmt['diff'] = "
>>    [...cut...]
>>    .difftype { font-family:verdana,sans-serif; font-size:66%;
>> font-weight:bold; }
>>    ";
>>
>> well... it doesn't. in the resulting HTML the default
>> is still there.
>
> Is $HTMLStylesFmt declared as global in the myskin.php file?

no :) i declared it global and it works. thanks!
i didn't think it needed declaration i thought it works
like the config.php

blues