[pmwiki-users] Help with LDAP authenticaion

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Sep 13 12:31:45 CDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 12:21:19PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I'll add a reference in the error message to appropriate
> documentation on PmWiki, to avoid this confusion in the future.

Actually, it appears that the link already existed in the source
code, but I simply hadn't added the appropriate documentation
to pmwiki.org for the link.  Sorry about that.  If you try it again
now (on a server that doesn't have PHP support for LDAP), the
PmWiki error message should provide a link that takes you directly
to the explanation:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ErrorMessages#ldapfn

This is true even for current versions of PmWiki.

For future versions of PmWiki I've changed the error message
text to make it more clear that the ldap functions are missing
from PHP itself:

    authuser: LDAP authentication requires PHP ldap functions

Hope this helps, and thanks!