[pmwiki-users] FW: conflict between fox and commentboxplus?

Peter K.H. Gragert p.k.h.gragert at skyaccess.nl
Fri Sep 14 02:13:47 CDT 2007

Hallo Hans,
I installed a fresh beta63 version of PmWiki
I got a fresh fox.php as well as commentbox.php from commentboxplus2.zip
I changed in config.php (ONLY!)

$ScriptUrl = 'http://localhost/TESTpmwiki/pmwiki.php';
$PubDirUrl = 'http://localhost/TESTpmwiki/pub';

And added at the end:
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox.php");
$EnableAccessCode = true;//must be before commentboxplus.php
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/commentboxplus.php");

A: Neither a (:commentbox:) works now as well the voting example does not
add anything after a post command.

Changing the following line in config.php
//$EnableAccessCode = true;//must be before commentboxplus.php
B: Both examples work (but the commentbox does not show the security code ,
naturally)

Changing config.php back again
$EnableAccessCode = true;//must be before commentboxplus.php
C: The commentbox behaves correct
But the voting example does NOT

C: is contrary to A: maybe a refresh was needed, what I did not do?

On my 55plus-ensched.nl website, I solved the problem by forcing
$EnableAccessCode = true; in commentboxplus.php  suitable (saving the old
value, adding it and replacing the saved value, after its work is done)

My debugging showed:
FoxAddEntry is not called in the voting example, if $EnableAccessCode  is
set to true in the config.php

Checking at this very moment:
The FoxSecurityCheck calls at once FoxAbort (which gives either no visible
hint or I have overlooked the message, no cannot see some error message) and
this makes some sense because the voting example does not have a (three
digits) security code

This means probably, that all goes OK if you let me (and others on the
PmWiki page) know, how the Voting-example can show the needed security box.

Thanks
       PKHG