[pmwiki-users] Suggestions for Parallel Language versions of Pages.

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:31:49 CDT 2007

I'm in a somewhat similar situation myself, except that I'm going to
have multiple groups in two different languages (Finnish and English).
For storing the pages, I figured on a farm of two wikis, one accessed
at the site root and the other via a subdirectory en/.

The way I thought to do this was to have a link to the other language
version on each page, and decide the target of that link based on a
page variable, or when lacking, use a site default. Including the
variable in the GroupHeader would let me use a default for all the
pages in that group, and redefining it on the page itself would
override that default.

Not sure about the markup to use for this, but for the editor
interface I figured modifying something like EditMore to provide an
editable field, with a similar outlook as in action=attr for
indicating the group/site defaults.

eemeli