[pmwiki-users] Bulk import and categories

Michel srt at vergne.org
Thu Sep 20 12:16:52 CDT 2007

Hello,

I wish to import in PmWiki over than 3,500 text files created by another
tool.

I have set up a script translating the pages to the Pmwiki format
according to the specs : http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageFileFormat

After that, I have copied the pages under wiki.d/, and I can view them.

The previous tool managed also categories. The script translating the
pages insert the [[!CatNameXXX]] strings in the 'text=' section. I have
also created Category.CatNameXXX and Category.GroupFooter.

When displaying a page, category links appear, but after clicking,
Category page displays with empty list (not astonishing).

I have noticed that, if I edit a page, then save it without change, its
name appears in the category page.

Please, what is the best way to build category lists :
- to add something in the translation script, like creating 'targets='
field, or other fields, or creating/updating another files) ?
- to mimic the edit/save process for each page using the cookbook
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GlobalOperations ?

I gave a try to the GlobalOperations cookbook, using UpdatePage() but I
get no change on displaying modified pages, and the loop is interrupted by
time-out. If possible, I should prefer to improve the translation script.

Thanks for your advices.

Michel