[pmwiki-users] Bulk import and categories

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 21 05:34:51 CDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 07:16:52PM +0200, Michel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wish to import in PmWiki over than 3,500 text files created by another
> tool.

Then you probably want to use the ImportText recipe:

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ImportText

This recipe makes it easy to import files, while automatically
keeping the .pageindex and targets= lines up-to-date.  It
also handles any problems arising from hitting PHP's
"maximum execution time" limits.

> I have set up a script translating the pages to the Pmwiki format
> according to the specs : http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageFileFormat

We should probably add a link to the PmWiki.PageFileFormat page
that points people to the Cookbook:ImportText option.  It's
probably also a good idea to put this as a FAQ in the PmWiki.FAQ
page.  (I'd do it now but I'm on a job site this week and can't
easily get to it until the weekend.)