[pmwiki-users] Data section edits (page headers/footers)

Mike Shanley up at upisup.com
Fri Sep 21 08:39:47 CDT 2007

Pico Ben-Amotz wrote:
> It would be nice to be able to place data -- such as hidden directive
> page text variables -- in a section or chunk of a page that would not
> appear when viewed using a (modified) editing template
My EditMore recipe provides a 'Notes' box on edit pages that does just
that... Fill it with variables, pagelist templates, wikistyles (if you
set hidden placement to the top of the page), and more inside, and it's
always filtered out of the pagetext for editing.

As far as having form scripts dump data there, it would take a little
bit of regexing somewhere, but I'm sure it could work.

http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditMore

I've got a few small edits coming soon that will be very useful, but not
until at least the 30th.

--
        ~Mike Shanley~

    ~you are almost there~