[pmwiki-users] Bizarre permission problems.

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Sat Sep 22 07:35:48 CDT 2007

H. Fox wrote:
> On 9/21/07, Stirling Westrup <sti at pooq.com> wrote:
>> As part of an ongoing experiment, I just backed up my PmWiki installation,
>> renamed it main directory, and recovered it to the old location.
>>
>> Something went wrong somewhere, and although all the files were restored
>> correctly, some of the permissions got mangled.
>
> Did  you use one of the restore procedures described here?
>
>    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/BackupAndRestore

No, since what I wanted wasn't covered there. I need to:

a) mirror the wiki between two sites
b) have the wiki be in a subversion repository at one of those sites.

This should be readily doable with a rsynch script, but my first test went
horribly wrong. As far as I can tell, I've done something to prevent Php's
session variables from working correctly, but I'm darned if I can figure out what.