[pmwiki-users] Notify script and minor edits

f.r.salomons salomons at wanadoo.nl
Sat Sep 29 03:40:02 CDT 2007

f.r.salomons schreef:
> Hi list,
>
> The recent thread on RSS thoughts made me wonder: is it possible, when
> using the Notify script, to not send notifications in case of minor edits?
>
> Frits

Sorry, should have looked better in the list. In march 2007, Francis
Casson wrote the following, which works fine for me:

You could also try

if ( <at> $_POST['diffclass'] != 'minor' ) $EnableNotify=1;

in your config.php (but I haven't tested this as I don't use Notify.)

This way, only 'major' edits send notify messages, but it doesn't let
you select minor edits separately from the notify option - to do that
you'd need to add another checkbox to the edit form and (I think) a
handler from the extra returned form data. You can set minor edits to be
the default by setting (:input e_minorcheckbox checked=1:) on the edit form.

If you want minor edits and not major edits to send the message then you
would use

if ( <at> $_POST['diffclass'] == 'minor' ) $EnableNotify=1;

Instead.