[pmwiki-users] Posting failure on large page

Henrik henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 1 05:04:45 CDT 2008

Hello,

I've just moved a website called cityrinks.ca to my new  server host. At
the same time I have upgraded to PmWiki 2.2 (the latest beta).

There is a page in this site that is quite large
(http://cityrinks.ca/wiki/wiki.php?n=DufferinParkRink.RinkDiary2007-2008),
at just over 100K of wiki text. We are finding that posting to this page
now fails, ie when the author makes a change, the previous, unmodified
page, simply re-appears. There is no error message.

Not quite sure what is causing the failure, so I'm just fishing:
wondering if there is some kind of resource limit or restriction on
posting with PHP in that environment that could be causing this failure?
If the server is simply disallowing post data when that data exceeds a
certain volume, that might explain the behaviour.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Is there an ini_set(..) option that might help?

I have set $EnableDiag=1; for this site, so if anyone is interested they
can do
http://cityrinks.ca/wiki/wiki.php?n=DufferinParkRink.RinkDiary2007-2008?action=diag;

Thanks,

- Henrik