[pmwiki-users] How to password protect an rss feed

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Mon Apr 7 15:48:51 CDT 2008

I'd like to have an rss feed that is password protected. I realize
that the password will be recorded in Apache's access logs and will
travel the internet in the clear, but at least it offers some security.

According to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WebFeeds:

Lastly, it's also possible to configure the webfeeds to obtain the
authentication information from the url directly, as in:

.../Site/AllRecentChanges?action=rss&authpw=secret
I tried setting a password on a page that I can read with a feed
reader when the page has no password. I then appended
"&authpw=mypassword" to my normal rss URL. My feed reader failed to
pick up the feed. Is there some other trick involved to get this to
work?