[pmwiki-users] Cyrillic problems..

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Apr 8 06:05:59 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Anton Shevtsov wrote:
> 2008/4/8, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr>:
> > I have no such problems on my wikis. What is your PmWiki version and your
> > website encoding?
>
> pmwiki-2.1.27
> utf8

Sorry I have no way to test this old version. A while ago, I used the recipe
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AsSpacedFunctionInUTF-8 to fix such bugs. Or,
you may try adding near the end of config.php such a line:

  $FmtPV['$RequestedPage'] = "'".htmlspecialchars($pagename, ENT_QUOTES)."'";

> > What exactly is your translated phrase in the Russian XLPage "Страница ...
> > не существует. Создать ..."?
>
> Page not found. Create it?

I wanted to know how exactly it was defined in your "XLPage" set of
translations (maybe a typo there?). This translation is maybe in the
page '{$SiteGroup}.PageNotFound-ru' or 'PmWikiRu.PageNotFound'.

Because PmWiki beta works much better with UTF-8 (also does case-insensitive
searching in Cyrillic), and is more stable than the old version, and has
numerous new features, I am using it for a very long time now. If you can,
install a copy with the latest beta and see if it works better with your
configuration; if it does, you can upgrade, if not, we'll track the bugs
down. (A link to your site might be useful.)

Thanks,
Petko

P.S. Please use the "Reply to all" function so that the pmwiki-users list gets
the messages too.