[pmwiki-users] Using the cgi-bin directory

Bill Press billpress at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:24:44 CDT 2008

Greetings,

I received some help from my last query, but I find myself still blocked in
getting PmWiki up and running properly.

I deployed PmWiki in my cgi-bin directory and moved the pub/ subdirectory to
a publicly accessible directory (which I neglected to do before).

The local/config.php file points to both of these locations:

##   $ScriptUrl is your preferred URL for accessing wiki pages
##   $PubDirUrl is the URL for the pub directory.
$SciptUrl = 'http://www.heldbynature.org/cgi-bin/signup/pmwiki.php';
$PubDirUrl = 'http://www.heldbynature.org/signup/pub';

##   If you want to have a custom skin, then set $Skin to the name
##   of the directory (in pub/skins/) that contains your skin files.
##   See PmWiki.Skins and Cookbook.Skins.
$Skin = 'pmwiki';

However, when I try to hit the script URL, I get:

PmWiki can't process your request

?unable to find skin from list pmwiki

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Does PmWiki support this kind of configuration?  Or am I trying to get it to
do something it is not supposed to do?

I did not see any specific instructions for deploying PmWiki in the cgi-bin
directory in the installation instructions.  How do most people deploy
PmWiki?  It seems you would want at least the local/ subdirectory in a
non-public folder so that users could not peer into it to see your settings
(which includes the admin password).

Thanks for any help you can give,
Bill