[pmwiki-users] LinkCSSToolTip recipe

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:51:39 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Wednesday, April 9, 2008, 6:38:35 PM, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
>
>  > I tried with images but, alas, no way.
>  > There must be one, for sure...
>
>  I can display one image plus text following, like
>
>  [[Main/HomePage|home | Attach:image.jpg\\image caption]]
>
>  The following does NOT work any longer since I changed the markup to
>  be processed early:
>
>  [[Main/HomePage|home | Attach:Main/Main/cc.jpg | Community Centre]]
>
>  And it does not work if there is text before the image.
>
>  I am still looking for a  way to have the link rendered properly and
>  even normal (:include ...:) in th etooltip text being rendered well.

Couldn't we having this kind of effect using a sibling span section
instead of a child one: <a class='ttlink'>...</a><span
class='ttip'>...</span> ?
This way, you could preserve the page structure from anchor being
embed into other anchor (which may be the case using included markup).

Meanwhile, nothing would prevent you from making yourself the call to
MarkupToHTML to render the tooltip section (which is more or less what
is done with Cookbook/DomTT).

--
Dominique