[pmwiki-users] flash & media questions

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Sun Apr 20 20:52:19 CDT 2008

hi one more time
here are some more questions i have after working with the flash and
quicktime recipes for an afternoon:

first off - thanks for the plugins!

1. flash.php works fine, swf.php doesn't at all:

	%width=400 height=400% Attach:myFlashFile.swf
		seems like it would work, but it doesn't
		** the (:flash... equivalent for the same file works fine...

	include_once('$cookbook/swf.php');
    executes fine, but loading it as
	include_once('$FarmD/cookbook/swf.php');
    gives the following errors:

> Warning: main($FarmD/cookbook/swf.php) [function.main]: failed to
> open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aoverton/
> public_html/pmwiki/local/config.php on line 452
>
> Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '$FarmD/cookbook/
> swf.php' for inclusion (include_path='./:../:/home/aoverton/
> public_html/includes') in /home/aoverton/public_html/pmwiki/local/
> config.php on line 452
>
> Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> (output started at /home/aoverton/public_html/pmwiki/local/
> config.php:452) in /home/aoverton/public_html/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on
> line 1075

i don't have a farm, and haven't ever had one, so maybe i'm
misunderstanding something about how $FarmD is being used. (i figured
i'd try it, though, in case i ever have a farm, i don't have to go
searching around and change all my paths...)

3. i'm also finding myself unable to load videos or audio that has
been uploaded to different parts of the same site...
for instance...

	myVid.mov
		uploaded to group Main
	loads fine if i call the (:quicktime ... code anywhere in Main
	but it fails if i call it anywhere in MyOtherGroup - instead, it
prints out a non-functional link to the video:
		http://mysite.org/pmwiki/uploads/Main/myVid.mov

so: is there a way to embed videos or audio that has been uploaded to
another part of the same site?

thank you. the recipes that are working for me are all very useful.
adam

. . .

a at plus1plus1plus.org
661 373 8679