[pmwiki-users] flash & media questions

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Tue Apr 22 02:17:20 CDT 2008

hi
actually, it looks like i'm halfway mistaken.
here's my deal:

i realized that this is working because:

- i have a website named (for the sake of example) http://
mywebsite.com, that is not a pmwiki site - it's just straight up html
- within that, i then have my pmwiki folder with all my pmwiki stuff
- i have another webaddress that is directed to the pmwiki portion of
my site - let's call it http://mypmwikisite.com

i realized that i can grab my flash file from the uploads file if i
reference it from the original site:
http://mywebsite.com/pmwiki/uploads/myGroup/myFlashFile.swf

however, the following pmwiki site version doesn't work:
http://mypmwikisite.com/uploads/myGroup/myFlashFile.swf --- doesn't work

so, i guess the above is a workaround for me right now, but might not
be for others who might only have one address (?)

so again, this doesn't seem like the most perfrect solution - is
there not a way to grab a flash file from elsewhere on the site by
feeding it 'MyGroup/myFlashFile.swf'?

sorry for any confusion...