[pmwiki-users] Bug in section edit during simultaneous edit

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:47:18 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've noticed a bug in the cookbook recipe for section edit
 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SectionEdit

The bug happens when two persons edit the same page simultaneously.
In practice the result is data loss :-(

This bug was already described among the coments as follows:

1. Open up two browser windows and select the same section of a page to be
    edited in each window.

2. In one browser window, make some changes. Save those changes.

3. In the second browser window, make some different changes to the same
    section and hit "save". You see simultaneous edit message, but the edit
    form shows only the section had been edited -- not the whole page as
    expected. If you hit "save" the corrections made in the first window
    are lost (but you can see them in history).

I've downloaded the latest version of sectionedit.php, and I can confirm
that it still exist. And unfortunately the bug is a real PITA... in
practice it means it's not suitable to use section edit when more than one
person might edit the page... :-( :-(

So I hope this catches the attention of "Klonk", and that he can fix it.

Best regards
/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr