[pmwiki-users] UserAuth2 passwords

Julius jultus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 10:45:35 CDT 2008

Hi,

For a project I'm now using the great userAuth2 cookbook recipe,
and I'd like to make a tool that converts from MySQL to
the user-names groupnames password files that work for
UserAuth2 in pmwiki. I will generate new files and
only do the permissions part via the userauth2 Admin tool.

Basically I have most of it down already, except
for the password in the username file that is stored
in the /profiles folder;

a:1:{s:8:"password";s:34:"$1$FT05O74q$qihwyVHOsZvlv/uFQi14j1";}
This password for example is "testing".

How are the passwords encrypted? What code is used for that?
(i.e. I'd like to reverse engineer that part,
so I can do a functional conversion).

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Grtz,

Julius