[pmwiki-users] detecting default password changed

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Thu Aug 21 11:42:58 CDT 2008

hi

i currently have a default edit password set up for most new groups &
pages for my Site. this password is widely broadcast across the site,
and is basically a robot/spam precaution.
when users go and create new groups, they have a link on their page
that leads them to the GroupAttributes page so they can change their
password to something more private

my question: is there a way to detect if someone has changed their
password from the default password?
i ask b/c, currently, on the login pages (Site.AuthForm), i have a
note that tells all new users what the default password is ("If this
is your first time logging in, the default password is..."); i'd love
to have a conditional that only displays this message if they haven't
yet changed the default password.

is there a way to do this?

many thanks,
adam