[pmwiki-users] proposed markup for rowspan in simple tables

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 17:16:20 CDT 2008

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Dominique Faure wrote:

>> Or, perhaps combine separators and alignments in a single format
>> string, allowing the separator to change:

> A great idea, I like it also but IMHO, the handling of table headers
> should not be forgotten (they're not always aligned like the values).

Good point. I think a wiki markup style could be used for this. Perhaps
(I don't like having to place '||' in front of each line):

 	(:simpletable format="l ; l - c" :)
 	%!%Column A  ;  %!%Column B  -  %! right%Column C
 	apple    ; banana   - cherry
 	ask      ;          - %right%burp
 	(:simpletableend:)

where I used '%!%' to style it as a header and %right% for right
alignment.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr