[pmwiki-users] Documentation index page trail

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Aug 30 16:53:13 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 09:23:29AM +1200, Simon wrote:
> Recently I moved the PmWiki documentation index page trail to the group header
> and groupfooter.
> (http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DocumentationIndex)
>
> It has been working well, and allowed the page trail to be limited by anchors.
> In the future it allows the trail to be added to on the trail page without
> having to add the trail markup to the added (or removed) pages.
>
> Before I clean up the old markup I'd like to check that this approach is OK.

The approach itself is probably okay.

I don't like the way it looks when there's also an audience target
on the documentation pages -- the trail and audience don't fit together
well in my browser (FF 3.0 Linux).  I'd like to see that improved somehow.

I don't think it's necessary to check that a page is within the
[[#trailstart]]...[[#trailend]] markers -- just checking that it's
on the trail seems like it would be sufficient for me.