[pmwiki-users] Fox / ShoutBox - integrate the feature in xmlrpc

Stéphane Heckel hsteph at club-internet.fr
Wed Dec 17 15:28:24 CST 2008

"Hans" wrote :

> If you can read and write to a wiki page, why can't you just add the
> message? Or is it too much fuss to add the wiki formatting markup,

Implementing the feature on the server side is the best option. The concept
works :

// xmlrpc backend - $shoutmessage is the message sent by the desktop
application
    $page = RetrieveAuthPage($pagename, "read", false, READPAGE_CURRENT);
    $content = $shoutmessage."\n\n".$page['text'];
    return BloggerXMLRPC::PostWikiPage($pagename, $content, $publish, true);

// I have to transform $shoutmessage, to something like below, and this is
where I fail
"'''[[{$PageAuthId}|{$AuthId}]]''': {$$shout} - [-''{(ftime fmt="%d/%m

ie : final output would be
'''[[Profiles.Steph|Steph at acme.com]]''': Welcome ! - [-''01/12 09:58''-]
[[<<]]

So I don't know how to translate the fox/markup syntax and implement the
equivalent in the php function.

Any suggestion ?

SH