[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Pmwiki cpu/memory usage on server for a non zero visitor installation

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Dec 19 02:25:31 CST 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 01:00:39 ABClf wrote:
> investigations, I can't test if some cookbook is faulty, although I don't
> think so (thumblist, curentvisitors, showhide, handytoc, dictindex,
> extended markup, tracetrail, actionlog, and some other).

Thumblist is resource-hungry while creating the thumbnails, but when they are
done, it should be fine. On some hostings, some filenames are not allowed,
and the server automatically erases the "bad" files; it is very improbable,
but if that happens to the thumbnails, Thumblist will try to recreate them
every time.

The recipes Currentvisitors, Actionlog and TraceTrail which provide realtime
information and in some conficurations modify files on every page view of
every visitor, could add to the CPU/filesystem usage.

Thanks,
Petko