[pmwiki-users] wikiforms and also possible title directive bug (david roundell)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Dec 22 20:22:25 CST 2008

On Thursday, 18 December 2008 5:14 AM, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
>   1. appending formtitle for wikiforms and also possible title
>      directive bug? (david roundell)
>
>hello
>
>2 questions about formtitle and also wikiforms using the (:title:) directive:
>
><snip>
>
>secondly, using (:title:) is invaluable to identify servernames
>for my purpose, users do not appreciate numerics! however, i
>find that on re-editing existing entries the title field is all
>messed up (although saves perfectly fine). it displays
>
>:title Servername:):Title:Servername
>
>in the text box when in edit mode. (Servername being the example title name)
>
>In normal use the user would be browsing entries but i was
>wondering if there was a bug in the title directive to
>cause it to display in this way? the form is being used at work
>using i.e 6 - i dont have any control over changing this!
>
>thanks for any help!
>
>david

Sorry for the delay in responding...

Try setting up a very simple example using wikiforms and a field of
type "title" plus one or 2 other test fields of any type.

Enter "Servername" in the text box of the field of type title and
wikiforms should take care of the rest. It should automatically
wrap the entered text in a (:title:) directive and on editing,
strip this out so that the above error doesn't occur.

Let me know if this fixes the problem. If not, could you provide a
link to a page that displays the undesirable behaviour?

I am guessing that the (:title ... :) is confusing the wikiforms
regular expression. This would be why I added a title field type.

JR
--
John Rankin
Affinity Limited