[pmwiki-users] UpdatePage() vs save from ?action=edit

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Feb 5 00:45:27 CST 2008

What does the save from ?action=edit do that UpdatePage() does not do?

I note that if I remove a file (replace contents with "delete" and
UpdatePage) and then put some other contents in and UpdatePage() the
.pageindex apparently still thinks the page is nonexistent (at least
ListPages() returns nothing).  However, if I go to the file with
?action=edit and save it then .pageindex is updated and everybody is happy
(i.e., I get results from ListPages()).

Is there some other step I need to be doing if I am going to manipulate
(specifically create) pages programmatically?  Am I correct in assuming it
is the caching in .pageindex that is preventing ListPages() from realizing
that the file exists?

-Peter