[pmwiki-users] Admin password not recognized for FoxConfig

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 17:28:03 CST 2008

Wednesday, February 6, 2008, 9:21:37 AM, Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:

> Is there a "standard" way to do this or even a "preferred" way?  I can see
> where certain implementations would make it harder or easier to allow
> variable/option setting before/after the include line but probably many
> times it's just happenstance -- maybe if there were a declared standard (or
> preference) officially declared then all the "happenstances" would lean in
> the same way...?

Are there any add-on recipe scripts, where a variable needs to be set
after the include of the script? For the case of SiteAnalizer which
Randy mentioned: the $AnalyzeKey variable could be set before or
after, it does not matter.

But very often a recipe has some defaults set with SDV or SDVA, and a
customization needs to be done beforehand. The whole point of SDV is
to allow an variable be set beforehand, and SDV will not set the
default.

So I advocate to set customisation variables as matter of reasonable
practise before including a recipe script.

In fact PmWiki does the same for customisation variables in
config.php, as the PmWiki scripts get loaded after config.php.

  ~Hans