[pmwiki-users] include

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Thu Feb 7 17:44:05 CST 2008

> I have tried the [= =] markup but that does not work with the

> (:include:) directive. For example:

> [=(:include Pagename lines=4:)=] does not give me the include.  It
only

> gives me "(:include Pagename lines=4:)".

you could try TextExtract.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TextExtract

with the default the content is taken without markup processing, but

shows any markup  directives as code.

{(extract . Pagename lines=4)}

Note the dot. the first argument is a regex or search term, and the

dot stands for any character, so it matches everything, and all lines

are included.

The recipe needs pmwiki 2.2.0 beta

I am working on a pagelist format for the homepage of the wiki where I
want to include a snapshot of the latest modifications. I tried the
TextExtract as below, but did not get any extraction...

[[#latest]]

(:if equal {<$Group}:)

(:table class=schedules width="100%" :)

(:head:)Page

(:head:)Modified by (:if:)

(:cellnr:)'''[[{=$FullName}]]'''

{(extract . {=$FullName} lines=4)}

(:cell:)[[~{=$LastModifiedBy}]]

''on {=$LastModified}''

(:if equal {>$Group}:)

(:tableend:)(:if:)

[[#latest]]

I only get blank space where the 'extract' statement is.