[pmwiki-users] Clean URLs - I'm doing something wrong

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Sun Feb 10 14:40:07 CST 2008

but I can't see what. I've installed new site with the following layout

index.php
pmwiki/
     pmwiki.php
     etc

The index.php has the following content:

     <?php chdir('pmwiki'); include_once('pmwiki.php');

The local/config.php looks like this (with the domain changed to example.org):

     $ScriptUrl = 'http://www.example.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php';
     $PubDirUrl = 'http://www.example.org/pmwiki/pub';

This seems to work just fine. Since I want to use clean urls I
use Example three from <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls>

I modify the .htaccess file to fit my layout (no user):

# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# The rewrite base will be the document root.
RewriteBase /
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki/pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki/pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

and I change the config.php to

     $ScriptUrl = 'http://www.example.org';

and

     $EnablePathInfo = 1;

If I now go to <http://www.example.org/> I see the web site as
expected. The standard WikiSandbox page has the URL
<http://www.example.org/Main/WikiSandbox> on the Main.Home page.
If I  click the link I get an error from Apace that says

     "The requested URL /Main/WikiSandbox was not found on this server."

I've looking at this now for quite some time and I can't figure
out what I'm missing ... so if someone can point it out to me I
would be most grateful.

                         jem
--
Jan Erik Moström, www.mostrom.pp.se