[pmwiki-users] Bugs in TextSection and MakePageName

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 13 11:17:09 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 02:37:35PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Wednesday, February 13, 2008, 2:22:42 PM, Petko Yotov wrote:
>
> > Anyhow, I hope that you will be able to change Fox to use "##section" instead
> > of "..#section" for it to work without your users required to modify core
> > scripts. :-)
>
> Oh I think Fox does already. I just wanted it to be fully able to use the
> ..#abc syntax as well, as i though tit was valid from the function
> commentary. And it gave me plenty of headache... so NOT to be able to
> have to cater for page..#anchor is a relief!  That said despite my
> earlier mark that it is an intuitively correct mirror of #abc...
> I guess that is the reason Pm put it into the commentary, following
> his own intuition. I hope it gets changed so the commentary is
> correct.

Petko is correct, the comments are wrong and the correct
syntax for "everything up to an anchor" is either "##abc"
or "#..#abc".  The leading '#' is necessary to tell PmWiki
that we're talking about anchors, as opposed to dots being
used for some other purpose.

I'll correct the comments in the code immediately.  Thanks!