[pmwiki-users] Duplicate email notification

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 13 11:30:21 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 10:03:06AM +0000, Hans wrote:
> I suspect something goes wrong there for you, and NotifyUpdate is
> twice registered, and twice executed, resulting in double emails.
> Why I do not know. But notify.php has no mechanism to prevent the
> NotifyUpdate function from being twice registered for execution.
> Maybe there is some sense in it, but maybe this should not happen.

This is probably the source of the difficulty -- NotifyUpdate
really doesn't expect to be called more than once in a given
session.  But if multiple pages are being updated via UpdatePage(),
then it would get reigstered multiple times and result in multiple
postings.  And if squelch is zero, or the squelch period has passed,
then this could potentially generate multiple email messages for
the same post.

I think the fix would be to have PostNotify() store update
information into an array, and have NotifyUpdate() process that
array instead of checking and handling $IsPagePosted directly.
Then we could fix it so that NotifyUpdate() is only registered
once, at which point it does all processing as it's designed to
do now.