[pmwiki-users] Input form?

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Feb 19 14:03:02 CST 2008

> I am looking for some very simple form: a dozen of checkmark
> option, with people can only choose 2 of the dozen available, with
> an email of the selected options.
>
> I have found: (:input checkbox name value:) but where do I do the
> validation? any example?

Check out http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiFormsRecipes#query

It's for a different purpose (it's a query form for WikiForms data) but it
has some checkboxes in there with a little messing around with the values
(if the users don't click on any then I change it so that all are selected).
Obviously you would need to implement your own logic, but that should get
you moving in the right direction.

This form is using the GET method.  Depending on what you're doing you may
want POST instead -- there's a set of rules about when to use which, but I
don't remember.  Something about if you are submitting a form that makes
changes to static data then you use POST and if you are not making changes
(i.e., query, etc) then you use GET.  Somebody else can give you a better
idea on that -- I hope this example gets you pointed in the right direction.

-Peter