[pmwiki-users] Is 'Page Creator' worth to discuss?

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Thu Feb 21 12:46:40 CST 2008

Based on some earlier discussions of extending pmwiki's functionality, it would probably be helpful if you were to define what you think an official "page creator" role should entail.

David

>>> imoc <blog.oc at gmail.com> 2/21/2008 10:19 AM >>>
Dear list,

While working with PmWiki for three months, I'm more and more thinking
that 'Page Creator' is worth to discuss.

In these past days I use PmWiki to do all kinds of things e.g. forum,
blog, wiki(of course), personal task manager, company project manager
and intranet CMS.

Many of them need to respect the role of the 'Page Creator'. But in this
moment PmWiki do not support this. PmWiki has only a variable tracking
the page modifier(by {$LastModifiedBy} ).

Since PmWiki become a powerful website engine, it's really important that
put the 'page creator' as one of the official role of the engine.

Thank for Hans' help I've got the 'page creator' hack to achieve my need.
The solution can be find here:

http://groups.google.com/group/pmwiki-users/msg/8cb2f074950d3c73

But I think it'd be better that this function can be officially supported
by PmWiki. Is this a good idea?

Cheers,
imoc