[pmwiki-users] Further Adventures With Doubled Footers!

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Feb 22 10:42:53 CST 2008

Hans wrote:
>> change the footer section from this:

>>         <!--wiki:{$Group}.GroupFooter {$SiteGroup}.SiteFooter-->
>>
>> To this:

>>         <!--wiki: {$SiteGroup}.SiteFooter-->
>>
>> And see how it goes.
>
> There should really not be any inclusion of Groupfooter or SiteFooter
> and GroupHeader or SiteHeader in a skin template.
>
> GroupHeader and GroupFooter pages are included in the normal page
> content by PmWiki, not the skin, by the $GroupHeaderFmt and
> $GroupFooterFmt variables (via an (:include :) markup).
>
> And the AllGroupHeader recipe is just modifying these variables.
>

>   ~Hans

I find it's easier to format them specially if they are explicitly
listed in a div on the skin. Also, the default skin used to list them
separately, so any skins based on that will do the same.

I suspect that, as one gets experience developing skins, and thinking on
seven levels at once, ways that were once way too strange to comprehend
become easier.

Sandy