[pmwiki-users] input fox

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 10:53:10 CST 2008

Tuesday, February 26, 2008, 2:17:10 PM, noskule wrote:

> I try to build a form with checkboxes. If there are switches on the
> value should be 0 else 1.
> The code below let switch the boxes on but not off anymore. Does anyone
> see the problem?

I can see several difficulties:

1. If the checkbox is not checked, no value of any kind is sent to the
server. By default, checkboxes send 'on'. If you need  a checkbox
which is checked when the page loads, use checked=1. The value does
not determine if the box is checked or not.

So if you want something posted (to change the PTV value) you would
need to use conditional markup to display conditionally
either a checkbox with value A, or one with value B

2.  you can with the latest fox.php use option ptvclear to allow
 clearing a PTV when there is no input from a form field
associated with a PTV.
That would allow toggling the PTV between 1 and empty.
Maybe you can work with that.

Example:
Value toggles from 1 to empty, checkbox toggles from unchecked to
checked.

(:if equal {$:Test} 1:)
(:input checkbox Test 1 checked=1:)
(:else:)
(:input checkbox Test 1 :)
(:if:)

3. If you need value 0, perhsp it is better to use radiobuttons, one
for value 1 and one for value '0'.

4. With Fox you can use name=$:Var as you did, but name=Var or simply
(:input checkbox Var Value:) will do as well, as Fox checks for PTVs
with the name of input fields, if you use ptvtarget= option.
ptvfields= will restrict that check to specified PTV names.

  ~Hans