[pmwiki-users] [FlashMediaPlayer] How to configure fwplayer to show a playlist

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 07:55:38 CST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 12:08 PM, Martin Kerz <martin at kerz.org> wrote:
> Dear Dominique,
>
> thanks a lot for your advice. That's one configuration I already tried
> and it unfortunately doesn't work, yet. I have the impression that
> there is something missing in the embed code. Something that tells the
> mediaplayer that it should display the title list of the playlist. On
> the one hand, I don't know the veriable to set to display the track
> list, on the other hand, I don't know how to implement it in your
> recipe.
>
> To better illustrate what I mean, I attached two screenshots.
>
> This what I want:
>

> This is what I get:
>

> As you can see, everything works just fine, except for the playlist. :-/
>
> Do you have any further idea?

Looking further, it seems that the parameter names are case sensitive,
so the definition should be as given below (using "displaywidth"):

$FlashMediaPlayerInfo['jw'] = array(
 'swf' => "jw_media_player/mediaplayer.swf",
 'objparms' => array(
   'flashvars' => array("&file=\$url",
                        "\$parms"),
   'allowFullScreen' => "true",
   'allowScriptAccess'=> "always"),
   'defaults' => array('align' => 'middle',
                       'width' => 320,
                       'height' => 140,
                       'displaywidth' => 120));

For the record, player parameters reference is given at:

http://www.jeroenwijering.com/extras/readme.html#appearance

I tried using the sample playlist at:
http://www.jeroenwijering.com/upload/xspf_example.xml

on my local development installation.

BTW, I've just released a slightly updated version of the recipe,
which handles a +diag option revealing the generated html (useful when
setting up a player config).
--
Dominique