[pmwiki-users] Your bug fix for $EnablePageListProtect

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jan 12 21:00:50 CST 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 12:24:14PM +0000, Matthias Ubben wrote:
> Dear Patrick,
>
> we'll start next week with a company wiki, based on PmWiki.
> I'm using the latest stable version (2.1.27).
>
> Unfortunately the $EnablePageListProtect doesn't work with this
> version and I've read here, that you've fixed that bug in 2.2.0-beta9.
>
> I've manipulated a lot of scripts.

Really?  Why?  Most of PmWiki is designed so that you can
make customizations without having to manipulate any of the
distribution scripts.  What sorts of customizations have you
made?  Perhaps I can help find a way to keep them out of
the PmWiki script files.

>It is hard work to do this again with a new
> version and I haven't the time to do this.
>
> Could you tell me the changes I have to do to run 2.1.27 with a working
> $EnablePageListProtect?

The pagelist functions were drastically rebuilt as part of the
2.2.0-beta series.  Your best bet might be to start by grabbing
the scripts/pagelist.php file from a later version and see what
happens if you drop it onto 2.1.27.  However, it's likely some
things won't work -- that's *why* we declare the new series
as 2.2.x  :-)