[pmwiki-users] Headache with uploads

Doug dougp at ispinn.com
Sun Jan 13 16:04:06 CST 2008

I had been running beta32. I just upgraded to beta65. I'm still having
the same problem.

     pmwiki.php

is installed in my

     /public_html/wiki

directory. The wiki is at

     http://www.ispinn.com/wiki

The wiki itself works fine--graphics still don't want to upload.
Details way, way below.

The permissions on the following directories had been at 755. I tried
all permutations of 755 and 777 on the

     wiki

and

     wiki/uploads

directories. I've since changed them back to wiki=755 and uploads=777,
just so the action=diag and phpinfo can be functional. If I leave
everything at 777, it locks up. Weird, if you ask me.

When trying to upload graphics, I'm still getting an error message (in
version beta65).

     Warning: mkdir(/wiki) [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in
     /home/parkerd/public_html/wiki/pmwiki.php on line 532

The similar line was highlighted in beta32, so it's likely a server or
config issue. I've indicated the line in mkdirp below. My php isn't
savvy enough to know if line 532 or 531 is actually the culprit.

------------ begin mkdirp clipping

mkdirp...

  if (file_exists($dir)) return;
  if (!file_exists(dirname($dir))) mkdirp(dirname($dir)); <---- line 532

------------ end mkdirp clipping

config.php has these upload settings

------ begin config.php upload settings ------

##  Tells pmwiki to upload files instead of having the server upload
#$EnableDirectDownload = 0; <--- note: uncommented, I still have the error

$DefaultPasswords['upload']= 'crypted password don't ya know';

$UploadPrefixFmt = '/$Group';
##  The remaining settings are allowing uploads, with overwrite
$EnableUpload = 1;
$EnableUploadOverwrite = 1;
$UploadDir = "/wiki/uploads";
$UploadUrlFmt = "http://www.ispinn.com/wiki/uploads";
# $DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('secret');
# I already set the upload password above

------ end config.php upload settings ------

I tried using an

     {$Attach}

to upload a .png I want to display, and I get the button to browse and
upload. I click the upload button and I get an error from pmwiki.php
about the "internal server error" message generated from mkdirp.

To troubleshoot the problem on my own, I even tried adding a

     /wiki

directory at the server root, with perms 777, but no go.

Can I delete the

     /wiki

directory?

TIA,