[pmwiki-users] Bug or feature? Exiting from action=attr without changing passwords clears them up

Steven Benmosh wordz2u at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:37:26 CST 2008

Seems to me that when I go to a password protected page (of course with the
password) with the ?action=attr option, and then leave the page without
changing or clearing any of the passwords on display, I can then re-enter
the page in edit mode, without having to put in the password again.

I tried closing the tab to pmwiki, and then clear the privacy options in
firefox, but it was not until I cleared all cookies that I was asked for the
edit password again.

I assume this glitch is only on the local machine, but I leave my browser on
for days at a time, so this is not such a good thing to happen, security
wise.

Is that the expected behavior, or is it a bug? If the former, is there
something I can do, short of clearing all cookies, to turn it off?

Thanks.

--
Check out my web site - www.words2u.net