[pmwiki-users] Music Recipe Type Definitions

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 15:52:26 CST 2008

--- Marcio Roberto Lisbôa
<marciorobertolisboa at hotmail.com> wrote:

> In the description of
> this recipe it writes:  "The list of output types is
> configurable via the types, list and embed options
> which can be specified with all of the above
> directives. The formats for these options are:
> types=[+|-]type,...  list=default|all|none
> embed=true|false
>
> Where can I change this configuration? in the
> file config.php, music.php or content.php?

The intention of those parameters is to be able
to control the output directly from the wiki page
text.

For example:  if you are using the tab format which
normally would output the following default types
(either links or embedded images): tab, abctab, midi,
ps, gif,  but you only wanted the midi, ps and gifs
output, then you would use the tab wiki directive like
this:

(:tab types=midi,ps,gifs:)
  Your tab notation here
(:tabend:)

If you wanted to change that to be the default list
for  tab for the entire wiki, I suppose you could do
that by simply adding the following (untested) to your
config.php (after you include music.php):

ContentRegisterType('tab', 'text/plain', 'tab',
"midi,gif,ps", true);

...which should override the default output types for
the tab type.

> For long I had tried work pmwiki with abcmusic
> recipe, but I never got it jpeg or gif using
> ghostscript. Finally today I came back to the pmwiki
> site and found your new recipe for music notation.

I will try to help you get it working, but in the
future please post to the list so that others can
benefit/help too, thanks! :)

-Martin