[pmwiki-users] cookbook "ShellTools" (was: Include specific lines of text on a page)

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 08:46:27 CST 2008

Sunday, January 20, 2008, 12:31:19 PM, Hans wrote:

> I did some more work, and here is some code for a working grep markup
> expression. Please try it. I will put it into a cookbook recipe, once
> I know the markup syntax etc is okay.

I uploaded it now as a cookbook recipe script grep.php, new cookbook page
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TextExtract

I added another optional parameter hide=PATTERN, which will remove
text matching PATTERN given from the text line.
So cut=PATTERN will remove the line with  amatch completely from
output, and hide=PATTERN will remove the exact text match from the
line, not the line of text itself. Not quite the Tail option, but in
that direction.

  ~Hans