[pmwiki-users] New Recipe: Text Extract

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 05:50:07 CST 2008

I am having a problem with adding new lines.

At present the exract markup expression will add a new line
before the page link preceeding the extract from that page
(with option prefix=link).

The php code I used is:

$newrows[] = " "; //add a line with a space character

instead of a space character it could be a newline character

but it does not work if I use

$newrows[] = "\n";  or   $newrows[] = " ";

This is not a great deal for the visible output, you just see an empty
line. But if the output gets posted to a page, using Fox's ability to
process markup expressions when posting, then ' ' gets written to
the page. How can this be avoided?

If I use '\n', then the posted output is just fine, but the normal use
of the expression will not show an empty line space.

Anyone got any idea on this?

  ~Hans