[pmwiki-users] markup expression output handling

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 11:28:56 CST 2008

Wednesday, January 23, 2008, 4:39:32 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> In case A, the <b> tag is being generated as part of the
> page output at the time it is being rendered.  Thus a browser
> sees it as a bold tag.

> In case B, the <b> tag is being saved as part of the page's markup,
> exactly as if someone had written <b>Hello</b> in the markup text.
> Then the angle brackets are converted to &lt; and &gt; when the
> page is rendered.

Thank you! I understand it a bit better.
But I would like both cases to behave similar.
I am not too worried about a  HTML tag, but this impacts on how one
can include an empty new line:

If you change the example to

$MarkupExpr['tagtest'] = 'TagTest()';
function TagTest() {
        return"Hello\n\nagain";
}

in case A the output is

Hello
again

and in case B the written output is

Hello

again

How can case A has the same result than case B, with an empty space?

  ~Hans