[pmwiki-users] Borrowing title from another page

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 15:21:39 CST 2008

Thursday, January 24, 2008, 7:12:05 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:

> For each page in Projects, there is a corresponding page in Projecttext.

> Each page in Projects group has a specified (:title:).

> I would like the pages in Projecttext to inherit the Title of the
> corresponding page in the Projects group.

> I have tried to put the following in the Projecttext.GroupHeader

> (:title {Projects.{*$Name}$Title}:)

{Projects.ProjectName$Title} is the page variable giving the title for
page Projects.ProjectName, and

(:title {Projects.ProjectName$Title}:) will give you that title in any
page.

(:title {Projects.{*$Name}$Title}:) or (:title {Projects.{$Name}$Title}:)
in Projecttext.GroupHeader should give you the required title.
It does for me.

(:redirect Projects.{*$Name}:) in the GroupHeader should also work,
but browsing the page will get impossible (which is the intention I
suppose), so a title directive on that page seems pointless to me.

  ~Hans