[pmwiki-users] Disabling History and Recent Changes views

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Jan 25 15:42:29 CST 2008

Steven Benmosh wrote:
> 1. How do I disable the History and Recent Changes links at the bottom
> of the wiki from being read by users?
>
> It makes sense that creating a read password for action=diff would do
> that, but I am not sure how that can be done, since this is not a
> regular page. In theory, the admin should have access to the changes,
> but I feel that on pages that I require an edit password, my changes
> should not be viewed by regular users, because it gives out information
> about unlisted pages or groups that are still in development.
>
> 2. I would also like to remove the links from the bottom to these pages,
> but I am not sure where they came from. Are they part of a standard
> footer which is stored somewhere on the wiki?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Z.

2. Removing the links depends on the skin being used. Some skins call
Site.PageActions. Other embed it in the skin itself.

If it's in Site.PageActions, you can put
(:if auth admin :)
(:endif:)
around the links you want only admin to have access to, or remove the
links entirely and type ?action=diff into the URL bar manually.

If it's in the skin, edit the tmpl file.

1. I don't know how to disable access by people who know to type
?action=diff, but I suspect it would take under three lines in config.php.

Are you using AuthUser? That might change the code.

Sandy