[pmwiki-users] Error message opening directories

Steve Stone steves at netacquire.com
Mon Jan 28 15:49:02 CST 2008

Hi,

I inherited a running (so I thought) PMWiki installation, version 2.0.13.  It's hosted on a Windows Server 2003 system running IIS.
This is an internal wiki for our techies to capture notes about systems they're building.  Some of the content is restricted by U.S.
Government regulations and so our Canadian folks are not allowed to read that.  The network/site administrator used Windows file
permissions for the engineering groups and set the US-only as accessible only by the US engineers.

Then the file server crashed and was rebuilt.  Now when a non-us tech does a pmwiki search, they get the below pair of warning
messages:
Warning: opendir(wiki.d/Restricted) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pmwiki\pmwiki.php on line 617
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pmwiki\pmwiki.php:617) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pmwiki\pmwiki.php on line 709

The wiki.d/Restricted directory does exist but has read/write access limited to a set of Windows users (based upon group).  The
opendir warning (from tile pmwiki.php) is from line 617:
  function ls($pats=NULL) {
     # ...
     # Line 617 in version 2.0.13
      $dfp = opendir($dir); if (!$dfp) { continue; }

I have looked at the directory security settings and they are set to "Deny" for all access permissions.  The permissions are what
got rebuilt (not reloaded from backup) after the system crash.  Does anybody know what the "right" permissions are to avoid having a
restricted folder in the wiki.d show up in the search lists?

Note that I do not have admin authority on the server, I can only pass my request to the server admin guy, he is responsible for
ensuring the government security regulations are met.

Thanks in advance,

Steve