[pmwiki-users] Upload: prompt for second password

Niklaus Kuehnis kuehnik_0505 at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Jan 30 05:30:04 CST 2008

Hi,

I would like to allow uploads for certain pages of the wiki only.

I set EnableUploads to 0 in config.php, I set the AuthHandle to use the
edit password for uploads, and put a file named Foo.Handouts.php into
the local folder. The file reads

	<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
         $EnableUpload=1;

Now when I try uploading a file called test.txt by clicking on the link
Attach:test.txt I'm prompted for a password (the url ends in
?action=upload&upname=test.txt), and the edit/upload password is
accepted. I can now browse my computer to choose a file. If I choose a
file called test.txt I'm prompted for a password again, and no password
is accepted except the global admin password. (This time the url ends in
Foo.Handouts.) With the admin password uploads work fine.

The page's ?action=attr dialogue tells me there is no read password and
the edit, attr and upload passwords are set by the site.

What's wrong?

(I can't find out my pmwiki version. It's some stable from 2006.)

Thanks in advance,
Niklaus