[pmwiki-users] foxnotify delete

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 05:32:11 CDT 2008

Thursday, July 10, 2008, 10:15:46 AM, adam overton wrote:

> i'm unable to delete from FoxNotifyLists.UserGroupA...
> and in this case, there is no redirection - it stays on the
> UserGroupA-Notify page, and no foxmessage is output...

are the foxdelete links okay? The posted link (not the template)
should be something like

 notify=test at example.com {[foxdelline 1215682664a91855b0 {$FullName} ]}

It needs an id string, which Fox adds when the link is created,
and the page reference, which also gets added automatically.

> do you think it possible to delete from one group to another with
> different passwords set for each group?

If there are different edit passwords for different groups, then a
user will be prompted again, when going from editing one group to
going to edit the other group.

If $FoxAuth = 'read'; in config.php before including fox.php,
then there should be no prompting for a password, unless a 'read'
password is set.

> wondering if there's a way for me to reconfigure FoxNotify so that
> the notify info is actually stored within the user's own group?

If you use (:foxmail ....:) or foxaction=mail in your fox form
you can specify any page as mail target. The target page contains the
email address list, and Fox does not post to the target page, but uses
the addresses as mailing targets, and uses the template as email
template.
See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxNotify

  ~Hans